Governance - Local Committee
Christ’s College Local Committee (LC)
Christ’s College is part of the Good Shepherd Trust (GST). The GST is a multi-academy trust within the Diocese of Guildford. More information about the GST can be found here.
The GST has given the Local Committee (LC) a scheme of delegation which shows what the LC is responsible for.
The key functions of the Local Committee are:
- agree the aims and objectives for the school;
- set the policies to achieve those objectives;
- set challenging but realistic targets for teaching and monitor and evaluate the progress the school is making;
- be a source of challenge and support to the Principal School Leader (acting as a 'critical friend');
- record visits to the school both during school hours (with prior arrangement with the Principal) and other events as appropriate;
- draw any significant recommendations and matters of concern to the attention of the Trust Board via the Link Director of Education/CEO as appropriate.
Declarations of interest are declared and reviewed at LC meetings and are recorded in the minutes.
Our LC members perform a vital service to our College, supporting the delivery of a high quality education by the Principal School Leader and staff while ensuring that all aspects are efficiently managed and stay true to our vision, ethos and values
LC meetings are held approximately twice per term. Part 1 (non-confidential) minutes of these minutes are public documents and can be requested from the school office.
The next scheduled meetings for 2021-22 will be held on:
28th September 2021,16th November 2021, 11th January 2022, 8th March 2022, 26th April 2022, 14th June 2022.
What are the different types of membership?
- Ex officio members: the Principal School Leader;
- Parent members: elected by parents of registered pupils at the academy and must be a parent of a pupil at the academy at the time of the election (4-year term);
- Staff member: 1 member of the school staff from each school appointed as a representative of the staff (4-year term);
- General member (4-year term).
I’m interested in joining the LC, what should I do?
Firstly, thank you! If you would like to be considered to be appointed to the LC you should contact the Chair via the school office for an informal chat about where your strengths and experience might be best used.
Information about the LC can be found below.
|Chair of the Local Committee||Stuart Zissman - Chair@christscollege.surrey.sch.uk|
|Clerk||Yvonne Morrisroe firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Chair of the Good Shepherd Trust||The Very Revd Dianna Lynn Gwilliams email@example.com|
LC membership information
All members of the LC are appointed by the GST. Parent members are elected by other parents at the college and subsequently appointed by the GST. Staff members are elected by other members of staff and subsequently appointed by the GST.
Type of Membership
Original Appointment / Current Appointment
Term of Office
End of Office Date
|Sarah Hatch||Principal School Leader||June 2018||Ex officio||Ex officio|
|Rev Kirsten Rosslyn-Smith||Foundation||Sept 2010||n/a||Ex officio||Ex officio|
|Stuart Zissman||Diocesan Foundation /Chair||Sept 2018||4 years||Sept 2022|
|Sarah Holliday||General||July 2019||June 2020||4 years||July 2024|
|Jo Franklin||Foundation||Sept 2010||Sept 2018||4 years||Sept 2022|
|Rachel Frier||General||Oct 2020||4 years||Oct 2024|
|John Beynon||General||Dec 2020||4 years||Dec 2024|
|Clare Durham||Staff||Aug 2021||4 years||Aug 2025|
Previous members of the LC (Stepped down in the last 12 months)
Type Of Membership
Original Appointment / Current Appointment
End Of Office Date
|Date Stepped Down|
|Ant Horton||Foundation||23 March 2017 (Parent)||re-appointed Foundation Nov 2019||2 March 2021|
|Rev Rob Lewis||Foundation||Sept 2018 (co-opted)||Re-appointed Foundation Nov 2019||12 Nov 2020|
|Colin Henry||Diocesan Foundation/ Chair||Oct 2004||Sept 2020||1 Sept 2020|
|LC Member Attendance Record 2020-21||Christ’s College Local Committee Member Attendance Record 2020-2021|
|LC Register of Interests 2020-021||Christ's College Local Committee Declaration of Interests 2020-21|
Good Shepherd Trust Board Membership Website page
GIAS - Get Information About Schools - Government Website
Updated 15th September 2021