Governance - Local Committee
Christ’s College Local Committee (LC)
Christ’s College is part of the Good Shepherd Trust (GST). The GST is a multi-academy trust within the Diocese of Guildford. More information about the GST can be found here.
The GST has given the Local Committee (LC) a scheme of delegation which shows what the LC is responsible for.
The key functions of the Local Committee are:
- Establish the strategic objectives for the school;
- Ensure accountability;
- Oversee compliance;
- Monitor the impact of the pupil premium grant;
- Be a source of challenge and support to the Principal (acting as a 'critical friend');
- Record visits to the school both during school hours (with prior agreement with the Principal) and other events as appropriate;
- Draw any significant recommendations and matters of concern to the attention of the Trust Board via the Link Director of Education/CEO as appropriate.
Declarations of interest are declared and reviewed at LC meetings and are recorded in the minutes.
Our LC members perform a vital service to our College, supporting the delivery of a high quality education by the Principal and staff while ensuring that all aspects are efficiently managed and stay true to our vision, ethos and values
LC meetings are held approximately four times per term. Part 1 (non-confidential) minutes of these minutes are public documents and can be requested from the school office.
What are the different types of membership?
- Ex officio member: the Principal School Leader;
- Parent member: elected by parents of registered pupils at the academy and must be a parent of a pupil at the academy at the time of the election (4-year term); the parent/carer may be appointed by GST if there are fewer nominations than vacancies.
- Staff member: 1 member of the school staff from each school appointed as a representative of the staff (4-year term);
- General member (4-year term).
I’m interested in joining the LC, what should I do?
Firstly, thank you! If you would like to be considered to be appointed to the LC you should contact the Chair via the school office for an informal chat about where your strengths and experience might be best used.
Information about the LC can be found below.
|Chair of the Local Committee||Mr Dean Clegg - email@example.com|
|Clerk||Mrs Yvonne Morrisroe - firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Chair of the Good Shepherd Trust||Mr James Friend - email@example.com|
All members of the LC are appointed by the GST. Parent members are elected by other parents at the college and subsequently appointed by the GST. Staff members are elected by other members of staff and subsequently appointed by the GST.
Type of Membership
Original Appointment / Current Appointment
Term of Office
End of Office Date
|Sarah Hatch||Principal School Leader||June 2018||-||ex officio||ex officio|
|Rev Kirsten Rosslyn-Smith||General||Sept 2010||Sept 2018||4 years||Aug 2026|
|Sarah Arola||General||July 2019||June 2020||4 years||July 2024|
|John Beynon||General||Dec 2020||-||4 years||Dec 2024|
|Clare Durham||Staff||Aug 2021||-||4 years||Aug 2025|
|Chris Chudziak||General||May 2023||-||4 years||May 2027|
|Amber Oliphant||General||May 2023||-||4 years||May 2027|
|Stepped down in the last 12 months|
|Stuart Zissman||Diocesan Foundation/Chair||July 2023|
|Jo Franklin||General||July 2023|
|Rachel Frier||General||July 2023|
|LC Member Attendance Record 2022 - 23||Christ’s College Local Committee Member Attendance Record 2022 - 2023|
|LC Register of Interests 2022-23||Christ's College Local Committee Declaration of Interests 2022 -2023|
|LC Meeting Dates 2023-24||CC LC Meeting Dates 2023-24|
Good Shepherd Trust Board Membership Website page
GIAS - Get Information About Schools - Government Website
Updated July 2023