Revision is key to examination success. If you revise thoroughly you will perform well; if you do not, you will not. It is as simple as that. Every summer term there will be major examinations in each subject and each year group. Students may wish to use the following as a guide during the run up to any examination/assessment period:
|Year Group||Evening during the school week||Free days (weekends & holidays)|
|7||30 minutes||1 hour|
|8||40 minutes||1 hour 20 minutes|
|9||45 minutes||1 hour 30 minutes|
|10||1 hour||2 hours|
|11||1 hour 30 minutes||3 hours|
TIPS ON HOW TO REVISE
BBC Bitesize has some great resources and videos to give advice on how to revise and much more.
When it comes to revision it can be hard to get started. Here are some of our top tips.
- Create a revision timetable. Try this free planner https://getrevising.co.uk/planner or www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/zn3497h
- Make sure you know which topics you need to revise for each subject. Use your exam board specifications as a revision list.
- Make your revision active. Don't just read notes. You could make flash cards, mind maps or use post it notes.
- Watching videos online can really help to bring your notes to life!
- Test yourself by completing past papers or asking a friend to test you. This will identify areas of strength and weakness.
- Build in rewards for your revision e.g. a favourite snack or using social media
- Set short-term realistic goals. Not too ambitious or too far in the future.
- Break down your goals into manageable targets, for example fractions and decimals in maths.
- Set yourself a time limit for revising each target area.
- When you have hit your target, set a new one straight away.
Revision Resources Available to Purchase
|SUBJECT||QUALIFICATION /TIER||RESOURCE (+ISBN/URL|
BTEC Tech Award Level 1/2 Student Book in Enterprise ISBN 9781292231396
Revise BTEC Tech Award Enterprise Revision Guide - (Component 3 Only)
Revise Edexcel GCSE (9-1)
Drama Revision Guide and Revise Edexcel GCSE (9-1)
Drama Revision Workbook
CGP English Language AQA 1-9
CGP spelling, punctuation and grammar for GCSE Complete Revision and Practice
Macbeth Oxford School Shakespeare
CGP Poetry Anthology Power and Conflict
Macbeth DVD - Patrick Steward version
|Food Preparation and Nutrition||GCSE||
EDUQAS GCSE Food Preparation and Nutrition ISBN: 978-1-908682-85-7
EDUQAS Revision Guide 978-1-908682-87-1
CGP AQA Complete Revision and Practice
CGP AQA Exam Practice Workbook
CGP AQA Vocabulary Book
GCSE Geography Textbook (Oxford) 978-0-19-836657-7
Hodder Revision book
CGP Revision and Exam Practice
Revision for specific grade ranges
Flashcards for revision
Pearson Edexcel Revision guides for each unit studied (4)
The American West, Crime and Punishment, Early Elizabethan England and Weimar and Nazi Germany
Pearson Edexcel Guides & Revision Cards
Pearson Edexcel Revision Practice Papers & Workbook
Revision folder for notes
|Maths||GCSE||Pearson GCSE 9-1 Revision Guide & Workbook|
Edexcel GCSE 9-1 Anthology of Music
CGO: GCSE Music Edexcel Complete Revision & Practice (with Audio CD) - for the Grade 9-1 Course (CGP GCSE Music 9-1 Revision)
A4 ring bound, portrait orientation, black or white page sketchbooks (1 per project)
White gel pens (if they are working in a black page sketchbook)/Black biros or fine liner pens (if they are working in a white page sketchbook)
A DSLR camera (we use Canon 4000D at school that they will use) these cost around £350-£400 and are not essential but would be useful to support the course and are a lovely thing to have.
A phone that takes photos is also helpful to have, with a lead to transfer the images to the computer.
An SD card reader USB (this would be great to have in school so they can transfer the images from the school cameras to their own computer drive easily.)
Access to a colour printer at home.
Basic equipment - pencils, rubber, sharpener, colour pencils, scissors, glue stick etc.
CGP GCSE AQA A Religious Studies For the Grade 9-1 Course (ISBN 978-1-78294-641-0)
CGP GCSE AQA A Religious Studies For the Grade 9-1 Course, Complete Revision & practice (ISBN 9781789080926)
Hodder AQA GCSE (9-1) Religious Studies Specification A (ISBN 978-1-510-40479-3)
Oxford Religious Studies A (9-1) Christianity & Islam (ISBN 978-0-19-842283-9)
Oxford AQA Revision Guide (one for each Science)
CGP AQA Revision Guides, Workbooks and Combined Guides and Workbooks
|Travel & Tourism||BTEC||BTEC Tech Award in Travel and Tourism Student Book (ISBN 9781292258690)|