Chromebook For Learning
As a Google College which uses Google Classroom as our main curriculum platform, it is important to ensure that all our students have equal opportunities and for our students to be successful, a balance of school and home learning is crucial.
We have therefore set up a Chromebook for Learning Scheme for families who would like to purchase an affordable high-quality device that your child can use, spreading payments if necessary. Financial support is available: please contact the school for further information.
The Chromebook for Learning Scheme enables us to extend learning effectively beyond the classroom. With the use of Google Apps for education, including Google Classroom, this will give students ready access to the information they study at school wherever they are, and whenever they like on their own personal Chromebook.
The College will continue to use more traditional methods of learning and teaching. The Chromebooks are an educational tool to enhance learning, and will be used both in the classroom and at home. Our community will be taught how to use the Chromebooks for effective and accelerated outcomes.
The purchase scheme for Year 7's and 8's has now closed.
There will be a final opportunity to purchase a Freedom Tech Chromebook through this scheme when the Year 6 portal opens for purchases of Chromebooks in June/July ready for September. This will be the last opportunity to purchase a Freedom Tech Chromebook this academic year.
Delivery of Freedom Tech Chromebooks for Year 7
Tuesday 20th April 2021
- Distribution of Freedom Tech Chromebooks to Year 7 students - The Chromebooks will be in their original boxes which are more bulky than the actual device: you may wish to consider precisely how they take these home.
For Monday 26th April 2021 when Year 7 students bring their Chromebooks to learn with in College.
Please ensure that:
- The Chromebook is named on the internal keyboard side AND on the base of the device.
- The Chromebook is charged at home each night.
- That your child can log into their Chromebook via their school Google Login and access Google Classroom.
- Also check they can log into their Office 365 account via Chrome, using their school username and password, in order to access their school email account. (Their school account will be the only login they will be able to use in College)
- If there are any login issues, please ensure that you inform your child's Tutor before Monday 26th April.
Any students who are still waiting for their Chromebooks, they will be lent a device each day from the front office in the Larch Building.
Any students who have their own Chromebooks will need to bring these into College on Wednesday 21st April for our IT department to enrol onto our College system.
YEAR 8 - We are expecting the delivery of devices for Year 8 students around the May half-term.
For full details of the scheme, including more details about the Chromebooks on offer, find out more in the letter sent out to Year 8 parents on 4th March 2021 click here .
If you have any questions relating to this Chromebook scheme. Please email email@example.com