2021/2022 In-Year Admission Arrangements
Please contact Mrs Unwin for further information and a Supplementary Form if you are making an application under Criterion 2. Alternatively you can download a Supplementary Form here which can then be sent to Mrs Unwin at the College.
At Christ's College, we co-ordinate our own in-year admission arrangements. Therefore, if you would like your child to attend our school outside the normal admissions round (i.e. for requesting a place in Years 7, 8, 9, 10, 11) you should apply directly to us. Information on how to apply is provided below. Please contact the school if you would like any of this information, including the admission form/s, to be provided in a hard copy format.
- Please complete the In-Year Admission Form that can be found above, and if applicable, a Supplementary Information Form (SIF). Please email your form/s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In addition to the form/s, you should also provide evidence of your address. The following documents are permissible: Council Tax Bill, Signed Tenancy Agreement or Solicitor’s letter confirming completion of purchase AND one of the following – Recent Utility Bill, Benefits Statement, or Bank Statement.
- If your child is new to the UK, please provide the date they arrived on page1 of the form and attach evidence of this. If your child is a British Citizen, please attach evidence of their passport, any visas, and relevant Home Office documentation.
Outcome of the application:
- You will be notified of the outcome of your application within 10 schools days if possible, but 15 at the latest. If your application is unsuccessful, we will provide the reasons for refusal and the process for making an appeal.
- We will notify the Local Authority of every application and outcome as soon as possible but within 2 working days at the latest.
- Please note that your child cannot be placed onto a waiting list without making an application.
Good Shepherd Trust Admission information can be found here
Year 6 into Year 7 Admissions - September 2022/2023
- Please refer to the Surrey Admissions website and complete the Common Application Form. The Common Application Form should be completed in full and submitted to the Local Authority by the closing date of 31st October 2021.
- You should also complete a Christ's College Supplementary Form and return it to Mrs Unwin at the College if you are making an application under Criterion 2 or Criterion 4. This allows us to place all our applicants in order of priority for admission using the College Admission Policy. The Christ's College Supplementary Form should be completed in full and returned to Mrs Unwin at the College by the closing date of 31st October 2021.
- You may also need to complete the Supplementary Form - Criterion 4 2022-2023
- The Local Education Authority will send out letters to parents by first class post on 1st March 2022 detailing the outcome of your application. If you are not offered a place at Christ's College in the first instance and wish for your child to be placed on our waiting list, please contact the Admission Manager, Mrs Unwin, as soon as possible after this date on 01483 484511 or via email.
Church Supplementary Information Form for Criterion 2 (2022-2023)
Staff Supplementary Information Form for Criterion 4 (2022-2023)
Please note that some of these deadlines and the process for hearing appeals may change depending on the national situation as a result of Covid19. You will be informed on a case by case basis.
Parents whose application for a place at the College is unsuccessful have the right of appeal against the Governors' decision not to offer a place. If you wish to lodge an appeal, please email email@example.com or call 020 8541 8092 to request appeal papers. Students who gain places on appeal increase the size of the relevant year group at the College. They do not deprive other children of places which have already been allocated.
In-year or immediate entry appeals
Appeals resulting from in year admission applications will be heard within 30 school days of the appeal being lodged
|School||Offer||Appeals lodged by||Appeals to be heard by|
|Secondary||1 March 2022||TBC||TBC|
NB: Appeals will not start being heard until after the relevant closing date has passed.
Appeals lodged after these dates will be heard within 40 school days of the appeal deadline or 30 school days of being lodged, whichever is the later date.
Appellants will be sent notification of their appeal hearing at least 10 clear school days in advance of the hearing. Appellants will be sent a copy of the school's case 7 clear working days in advance of the hearing.
Appellants must ensure that any further evidence not included with their initial appeal, is received by 5pm on the day preceding three clear working days prior to the appeal hearing date. Any additional evidence or information received after this date might not be considered at the appeal hearing.
For all admission enquiries please contact:
Mrs E Unwin - Admissions Manager
|Tel: 01483 484511||Email firstname.lastname@example.org|