HIRING CHRIST'S COLLEGE FACILITIES
Christ's College Guildford, has an excellent range of facilities available to hire. Whether you are looking to hire during the evenings, weekend or in the school holidays for block bookings, short term bookings (e.g. holiday courses) or one-off lettings.
We particularly welcome enquiries from community groups and charities but, regretfully, we do not accept bookings for private parties or other similar functions.
We have parking available for up to 100 cars outside of school hours.
FURTHER INFORMATION OR TO BOOK
We offer competitive rates to support our local community. To hire any of our facilities or for general enquiries and rates of hire, please contact our Lettings Co-ordinator, Mrs Jan Edwards or complete the form below.
|CONTACT NAME||TEL NUMBER|
|Mrs Jan Edwards||01483 firstname.lastname@example.org|
Sports Hall (33m x 18m)
The sports hall is a multi-purpose facility with a non-slip wooden floor. It is marked out for a variety uses and can accommodate the following sports:
- Basketball (1 x full sized court with an extra 8 rings on the side walls for training)
- Football (1 x 5-a-side pitch with goals)
- Netball (1 x court)
- Volleyball (1 x court)
- Badminton (4 x courts - badminton nets for hire)
- Trampoline (1 x trampoline + hoist)
- Cricket nets (2 x nets)
It can also be used for general fitness training and ball games.
Male and female changing facilities are also available.
The Sports Hall can also be used for events and conferences with seating for up to 500 people.
The Sports Hall is not available during summer examinations ( May to June and during November mock examinations)
Performance Theatre (15m x 15m)
In 2009 our Theatre was opened by HRH The Duke of Edinburgh when he officially opened Christ's College. It is a perfect space to rehearse and put on a performance.
The Duke of Edinburgh Theatre can also be used with or without the seating as a dance or drama studio e.g. for aerobics, Yoga, martial arts, choir and general rehearsals.
- Tiered, bleacher retractable seating for up to 147 people.
- The stage area is 15.2m x 7m with removable staging
- Sprung wooden floor.
- Floor to ceiling mirrors along one wall.
- Rear of stage side entrances left and right leading to Greenroom and male/female dressing rooms
- There are lighting and PA facilities, as well as visual presentation technology - contact us for a copy of the technical specification.
- Lighting and PA technicians are also available for hire.
The Atrium (16m x 12m)
The Atrium is a bright, open space that can be used on its own, or when hiring the Duke of Edinburgh Theatre or other rooms in the school. It has seating for 150 (with or without tables). Some presentation equipment can be hired. Lighting and PA technicians are available for hire.
Tea and coffee can be provided by arrangement.
Classrooms (average size: 7m x 7m)
There are 20 classrooms available for hire for evening classes, small meetings or training. They all have interactive whiteboards which can be linked in to laptops. IT support is available for hire. Most can accommodate 30 people. The classrooms can be hired individually, or in conjunction with the Theatre or Atrium.
Drama Studio (12m x 10m)
The Drama Studio is a general purpose room that has a relatively clear floor area.
Outside Sports Facilities
We have the following areas marked and available for hire with use of our changing rooms:
FIELD - Winter Use
- Rugby (2 x mini grass pitches and one full size grass pitch)
- Football (1 x full grass pitch)
FIELD - Summer Use
- Grass running track ( 1 x 400m 6 lane track)
- MUGA courts ( 4 x tennis courts)
- Athletics./running on grass areas (summer)
Multi Use Games Area (MUGA) - Tarmacadam courts with marked areas for:
- 4 x tennis courts (summer)
- 4 x netball courts
- 3 mini football pitches
We also have 4 x outdoor table tennis tables
Please note we do not have floodlights
The Larch Building
This is a stand-alone building on the edge of our site and is ideal for the smaller conference / training day (up to 60 people), during school holidays only.
- Classrooms with presentation facilities
- Small kitchen with tea/coffee making facilities
- Parking for 40 cars