Vision, Ethos & Values
As a Christian college, we want to provide an outstanding education for all who are part of our college learning community. We want all of our students to make excellent progress and achieve qualifications that they can be proud of. We understand the importance of academic study, but also want our students to have an education that is relevant and inspiring. We want students to have experiences and opportunities that will equip them for life and develop them culturally, morally and spiritually within a strong Christian ethos. Our three main priorities for our students are that they develop the characteristics of Perseverance, Resilience and Optimism.
- PERSEVERANCE - They keep trying until they solve problems.
- Hebrews 12:1 “Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.”
- RESILIENCE - They know life can get difficult, but they know where to get help so they can keep going.
- Philippians 4:13 “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”
- OPTIMISM - They have hope for the future and aim for the best that they can achieve
- Psalm 118:24 “This is the day which the LORD has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it.”
Our Christian Ethos
Christ's College is a school with a strong Christian ethos. The bold print in the title at the top of our website indicates that we believe that the teachings, example and life of Jesus Christ are the underpinning of all that we do. Within this framework it is important to emphasise that all faiths and approaches to faith are acknowledged and respected within the teaching and pastoral life of our college because our desire is to be a Christian college serving all.