Covid-19 Update / Home Learning
Below you can find all the latest COVID-19 communications.
Monday 20th September 2021 Update
We have been advised by parents and Public Health England that there have been confirmed cases of COVID-19 within the college setting and the following letter was sent out to parents/carers today.
FACE MASKS - Masks will not be required around school - unless students wish to wear one, but they are still required on public and school transport.
Students travelling to and from College will still need to wear face masks (unless exempt). All of our other health and safety expectations will remain in place, and the need to maintain hand washing and sanitising will be even more important.
Covid-19 Home Testing Kits
Students will be provided with Lateral Flow home test kits for regular testing (twice a week on Wednesday and Sundays) and results must be reported to NHS Test and Trace as soon as the test is completed, online here or by telephone (full instructions provided with the kits). Students with a positive LFD test result will need to self-isolate in line with the stay-at-home guidance. You will also need to arrange a lab-based polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test to confirm the result if the test was done at home. Those with a negative LFD test result can continue to attend college.
You only need to inform the College of a positive test result.
Should you have any questions or would like further clarification, please get in touch initially through Progress Leaders or by using the email@example.com email address.
Christ's College Remote Education Plan January 2021 here
For any concerns of a safeguarding nature, please contact the Safeguarding Team immediately at DSL@christscollege.surrey.sch.uk (also the College out of hours contact).
ONLINE LEARNING PROTOCOLS
The following expectations are in place for all virtual Google Meet lessons:
• The student timetable will run as normal with current timings;
• Virtual teaching will take place as whole class groups: there will be no one-to-one sessions;
• Teachers will be mindful of the needs of all the students and be flexible in their teaching style;
• Teaching Assistants will continue to support students as directed by the SENDCO.
• All students will be expected to attend, on time, with a register taken;
• Attendance will be carefully monitored and our attendance policy followed;
• Tutor time will follow the usual year group timetable, as directed by the Year Group Progress Leader.
• There will be 30 minutes of interactive teaching at the start of each lesson, after which students will complete tasks set by the teacher, via Google Classroom or subject specific app;
• After the initial interactive section, the Google Meet session will continue for the duration of the timetabled lesson. Students will complete the tasks set, with both staff and students muted. During this time, students may ask for support from the teacher through the chat function, which may in turn lead to a verbal discussion;
• Students will still be set homework as usual;
• Staff and students will wear appropriate clothing, as should anyone else present in the household;
• Computers and/or mobile devices should be used in an appropriate location with, where possible, a neutral background;
• All students must enter the Google Meet lesson with their camera and microphone switched off: settings should only be changed following teacher instructions;
• The language used throughout will meet the usual College expectations: professional and appropriate;
• Teachers and students will communicate with each other during the Google Meet lesson: should another member of the household wish to communicate with a member of staff, they should do so by following the usual home-school communication channels;
• Teachers will continue to follow the school’s reward policy by awarding house points for meeting our core values;
• Students will be expected to follow our behaviour policy. Failing to address any poor behaviour choices after a friendly warning and C1, the student may be removed from the session by the teacher. This would be akin to receiving a C2. Behaviour incidents will be reported to the Progress Leader;
• Significant disruption, rudeness, or inappropriate conduct will result in the student being removed immediately from the session. The matter will be reported to and followed up by a member of the senior leadership team;
• Any student or member of staff alarmed or concerned by any online session (either for content, breach of this policy, or other worry) should immediately contact the Vice Principal;
• All virtual teaching using Google Meet will be recorded by the teacher leading the lesson, to ensure the safety of all students and staff;
• All recordings of these live sessions are protected under GDPR and stored on appropriate UK servers. They exist only for safeguarding purposes and not for further broadcast or transmission if students are included in the video recording. For example, a recorded session of a teacher demonstrating an example where no students are included would be acceptable for later use;
• Christ’s College manages the overall permissions and settings in G suite, and will disable certain features for the adequate safeguarding of students.
Current Government and Surrey County Council local guidance/updates regarding COVID-19 can be found below:
Government (England) here
Surrey County Council here
Government (England) Guidance For Full Opening: Schools here
Please find below any communications that Christ's College have sent out to date linked to Home Learning and Covid-19
|Christs College GST Protective Measure R...||17th Jul 2020||Download|
|Blended Learning Letter 5th October 2020||05th Oct 2020||Download|
|COVID 19 Absence A Quick Guide for Paren...||18th Sep 2020||Download|
|GST Protective Measures Risk Assessment...||16th Jun 2020||Download|
|A guide to Google Classrooms||26th Mar 2020||Download|
|Covid-19 Update Years 8 and 9 Case Conf...||25th Nov 2020||Download|
|Year 8 & 9 Google Classroom Codes & Blen...||26th Nov 2020||Download|
|Covid Procedures for January 2021||18th Dec 2020||Download|
|Supporting Home Learning Routines||25th Jan 2021||Download|
|Christ's College Remote Education Plan J...||11th Jan 2021||Download|
|General Covid Letter to Parents 28th Apr...||28th Apr 2021||Download|
|Lateral Flow Testing Letter to Parents 2...||23rd Aug 2021||Download|
|Lateral Flow Testing Consent Form 23.8.2...||23rd Aug 2021||Download|
|COVID Information Letter to Parents 20th...||20th Sep 2021||Download|
|Covid-19 Vaccination Consent Letter to P...||23rd Sep 2021||Download|